Greetings from the Professional Development Committee,
The last two NYSACAC Professional Development Forums are just around the corner! Join us on Long Island or in The Bronx as we discuss this year's hot topic, "The College Process: Working with Students with Learning Differences." If you have not yet registered, please do so today:http://www.nysacac.org/regional-forums
Listen to experienced panelists discuss answers to questions such as what defines learning differences? How do legal responsibilities differ for high schools and colleges? What type of documentation is required for the college application process?
Panels will include speakers from:
Long Island: Friday, April 26 at The Wheatley School
Brian Loew, Senior Assistant Director-Marist College
- Jean Vizvay, Director of Special Services-Marist College
- Lyle Wind, Assistant Director - Stony Brook University
- Greg Wasserman, Guidance Counselor-The Wheatley School
Mary Cohen, Director of OASIS Program- Pace University
- Lauren Gallo, College Placement and Transition Coordinator-Winston Preparatory
- Rob Piurowski, Director of Admission- Concordia College
- Maureen Santella, Director of Transition & Youth Development- NYC DOE
- Kankia Wright, Admissions Counselor- CUNY
For more information, contact the Professional Development Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lauren Sangimino, Stony Brook University, 631-632-1012